Gambling isn’t always a problem. Gambling becomes a problem when it affects someone’s wellbeing or it affects the people around them. There are different and increasingly harmful levels of gambling.
Levels of Gambling Harm
- Gambling is casual and fun.
- They may enjoy the gambling and the people they are with.
- Don’t feel bad after gaming.
- They have many leisure activities.
- They gamble a couple of times a year
- Sometimes they spend a little more than they intend to.
- Their mood is impacted by if they win or lose.
- They have a hard time resisting the impulse to gamble.
- Gambling is having a negative effect on moods, relationships, work or study, and finances.
- They sometimes ask for loan when out gambling.
- They are unable to resist the impulse to gamble.
- Their gambling is affecting all aspect of life – relationships, work or school, physical and spiritual health.
- Win or lose, they feel badly due the implact of gambling.