Ready to change?
Making a decision to change can be both exciting and scary. When gambling has become an important part of your life, it can be difficult to make a change. It is possible!
Reduce, stop or not?
Many people find that it helps to list the possible impact of a decision before making a change. In a moment you will be building a chart to help you make a decision about gambling. Here are a few things to think about before you proceed.
- Where and when do you usually gamble?
- What other people are likely to be present when you gamble? How do they act?
- How do you feel before and after gambling?
- What are you thinking about right before gambling?
- How much do you plan to spend when going gambling? How much do you actually spend?
- While gambling, what do you tell yourself? (For example, “Just one more spin,” or “I’ll stop when I double my money.”)